Posts by Country

Monday, October 7, 2013

Milford Sound

 On Monday, October 2nd I headed into Milford for a cruise with Real Journeys. I met a girl named Karla the night before at the Lake Gunn campsite who works there. After the cruise I spoke to her about her work there and she told me about village life, the community and, of course, the free daily buffet for staff. Needless to say, if you know me, I immediately asked for a job. Karla excitedly expressed that they were in dire need of storemen. One guy had shown up for one day and run off in the night - I later found out this was because he was in New Zealand for a working holiday but hadn't intended on doing the "working" part. Karla went upstairs and, when she returned, told me I had an interview with the boss. A couple days later I would start seven months of living and working in one of the most wild and beautiful places in the world.



LONG VERSION OF VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment