Posts by Country

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Living in Welly


Over the past weeks I've been working for Raj, taking invigorating showers with the garden hose and living in my cabin on the hill. Raj has found many uses for his new assistant, things such as: cold calling customers, cutting up car tyres, working on his website, picking up customer cars and anything else he can come up with for me to do.

On June 1st I enjoyed a two day conference in Feilding then picked the bike up for the last time - I am now the proud owner of a 2004 Suzuki GN 250.

After checking on my old campsite on the Oroara and visiting Fiona in Woodville, I rode to Waikanae to visit Aaron and then back to Wellington the morning after that.

On June 8th we had the third and final farewell for Mike at an Indian Restaurant; the previous one had been at Thai Chef. On the 10th I bought my tickets for the inter-islander ferry to Picton (South Island) and about a couple weeks later we had a big storm hit which tested the stability of my cabin. Fortunately for me James is a pretty experienced carpenter and, aside from the rocking sensation of being on a boat, the cabin held firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment