Posts by Country

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Climbing for Cash



For two days following Wednesday, August 13th I did my duties, including my weekly drive to town, and did as much skiing as I had time for. Finally, on Saturday, I was sent back down to Forest Lodge for one night to look after the Polish Society. That evening the Polish group brought out the booze as they do every year and it wasn't long before I was climbing a wall for $50. Of course, I would of done it for free but, seeing as none of us had any idea how I would accomplish this, I took the bet just for laughs. The wall was not an easy climb at first but, using some ledges that I hadn't previously noticed, I progressed towards the top. Surrounded by a chanting crowd of very merry individuals, I soon found myself at the top of the wall and a nifty $50 richer.

No comments:

Post a Comment