Posts by Country

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hot Pools


On Saturday, July 26th I took off on a two to three hour road trip to Sylvia Flats Hot Pools in Lewis Pass. Unfortunately, I got such a late start that I only made it to a rest stop 50km past Hanmer. The next day I got going early and was sitting in hot pools by about 9:30am.

After a good three hour soak in the second-best hot pool I'd ever been in (followed closely by a hot river in Rotarua), I set up camp and made a fire. While I was cooking up my dinner I got a visitor, an old guy named Bill. Bill comes to the pools every night to soak and then jumps in the ice cold river when he's done! I made a point to try that the next day.


On Tuesday the 29th I rode back to Christchurch and set up camp at a place outside of town called Chamberlains Ford.


No comments:

Post a Comment